The Tualatin Valley is located just minutes from downtown Portland and is centrally located between Mount Hood and the Oregon Coast, making it an ideal base for a student group tour.
The region boasts an abundance of agricultural tours, wildlife viewing, museums, tax-free shopping, and teen-friendly attractions, and area hotels offer affordable lodging choices, lower room tax than downtown properties, complimentary breakfast and free motor coach parking.
Oregon’s Washington County offers a variety of performance venues, ranging from auditoriums and theaters to open-air spaces.
- Theaters/Auditoriums/Concert Halls: Several indoor performance venues feature stage lighting, microphones, public address (PA) systems, concessions and more; audience seating capacities ranging from 99 seats to 400 seats.
- Retirement Communities: Several local retirement community centers welcome small and medium-sized student performance groups (ranging from 14-45 performers) throughout the year.
- Farmers’ Markets: Performance opportunities are available at local farmers’ markets in open-air locations during market season (usually May through October).
- Annual Events and Festivals: During summer months and the winter holiday season, several events and festivals welcome student performance groups.
Oregon’s Washington County offers plenty of things to do for student performing groups that appeal to all ages.
Tax-free shopping at Bridgeport Village, outdoor lifestyle center with nationally recognized retail stores, movie theater and restaurants; and Washington Square, indoor mall with 170 specialty stores, five anchor stores and food court.
Disc golfing available at several parks throughout the Tualatin Valley.
Guided paddle trips along the slow, meandering Tualatin River, via the Tualatin Riverkeepers, or self-guided paddles (rental equipment available).
Youth & Teen Activities
- Big Al’s: State-of-the-art entertainment facility with bowling lanes, thrilling arcade with 200 games, a big game sports grill with a 14ft. x 55 ft. big screen, private party room for groups and more.
- Campbell’s 3D Archery: Outdoor archery experience featuring a motion 3D system.
- Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle’s Restaurant: Six- acre amusement park open rain or shine with miniature golf courses, go-karts, laser tag, bumper boats, bungee sling-shot, arcade games, zip line and more.
- John’s Incredible Pizza Company: All-you-can-eat pizza, pasta, soup, salad and desserts with an indoor amusement center with arcade games, rides, bumper cars and more; group rooms available.
- Laserport: Laser tag arena with an onsite restaurant and arcade games; can hold groups of up to 48 players at one time.
- Safari Sam’s: Safari-themed indoor entertainment venue, complete with a great waterfall, palm trees, and incredible wall murals, miniature golf and video and redemption games.
- Tree to Tree Adventure Park: Aerial ropes and zip-line park, featuring six courses, each with 10 obstacles, and a guided zip-line adventure through the trees.
- Glowing Greens: Black-light, indoor, 18-hole, 3-D Adventure miniature golf course with individual and group rounds of 18 or 9 holes of miniature golf available.
We Can Help!
We can help secure performance venues and group blocks at area hotels, as well as assist with securing attraction tickets, visitor guides and maps. In addition, we can provide customized itinerary planning.